UPDATE – March 23, 2020: Due to the rapid global spread of the novel coronavirus, all in-person SOPP gatherings are being cancelled this year. This includes the ceremony at Fuji Sanctuary scheduled to be held on May 17, as well as all local ceremonies and gatherings around the world. Instead, everyone is encouraged to take part from home in an online SOPP program. Details will be announced on the SOPP 2020 page before May 17.
The 2020 Symphony of Peace Prayers will be held at Fuji Sanctuary on May 17, with various SOPP events and prayer gatherings taking place in all parts of the world on or near this date. For the 16th consecutive year, peace-loving people across the globe will join hands and hearts, lending their voices to prayers for peace and harmony throughout the world.
How can you take part?
No matter where you are in the world, you can be part of this global event and join thousands of others in sending out prayers for global peace and harmony! There are various ways to be part of the SOPP:
1. Join us in the outdoor Prayer Field at Fuji Sanctuary in Japan on May 17! The SOPP is free and open to all. For more information, please contact us.
2. Tune in to the live internet broadcast from Fuji Sanctuary, starting at 10 am Japan time. The event will be broadcast live online (details to follow).
3. Organize an SOPP ceremony in your area on or near May 17, with local religious and spiritual leaders — the larger the better! (See our resources for hosting an event.)
4. Use a local community centre, church, or public park to gather with friends, colleagues, and/or community members to pray for world peace and honor the world’s faith traditions.
5. Invite friends and family to your home and hold a simple peace prayer ceremony.
6. Take part in the SOPP on your own, linking your prayers with thousands of others around the world. You can even join in the ceremony at Fuji Sanctuary through our live internet broadcast. Everyone’s prayers are needed!
The possibilities for holding a ceremony or gathering are truly infinite! Music, dance, visual arts, meditation, walks in nature, candlelight prayers, poetry, silence—anything you can imagine! Try incorporating the Fuji Declaration or the Soul of WoMen movement, which seek to uncover the divine spark in every human being and bring balance between the divine feminine and divine masculine. And of course, we encourage you to join in offering prayers for peace in each country and prayers from different faiths and traditions. For more info and ideas, please visit our resources page.
Together, let us celebrate the energy of love that unites us, and the divine spark that resides at the core of our being. We look forward to receiving your registrations, and to co-creating a new world through the SOPP!
May Peace Prevail on Earth.