East Fremantle, Australia
report by Elaine George
This celebration on May 30 was a collaborative endeavour between local SOPP supporters and the Baha’i Communities of East Fremantle and Mosman Park.
The program contained:
- Gratitude to Mother Nature through prepared readings, individual contributions and a short discussion
- A Baha’i healing prayer sung/chanted in Arabic and then recited in English
- Readings/prayers/reflections on walking lightly and healing the earth
- A healing chant sung in Farsi
- Prayers for peace in each country and region on earth, as well as peace meditation
- Music and sing-alongs
What a roller coaster ride of emotions we were gifted with: laughter, gratitude, pride, tears of joy and beauty (from the depth of emotion generated by the Farsi chant), and sheer enjoyment during the sing-along and the music of the auto-harp.
Many of those who attended enjoyed the program so much they are requesting we do it on a more regular basis!